7 Tips to choose the right driveway pavers contractor
Driveway Paver Contractors
Paving your driveway will not only help to improve the value of your property but also provides a safe area to park, walk and play. However, the biggest challenge that many people face is choosing the right driveway paving contractor. Paving is a very expensive project, and you need to ensure that you choose the right driveway pavers contractor who knows what he is doing. In this article, we are going to give you tips on factors to consider when choosing a driveway pavers contractor.
- Consider experience: One of the most important factors that you need to consider before you sign any papers is the experience of the contractor. How many years has he worked in this industry and what is his success rate. Experts recommend that you should only hire a paving contractor who has more than five years of experience is this industry. The contractor should also have a 100% success rate in all his previous projects. Driveway paving is a very expensive project; you, therefore, need to hire a contractor who is up to the task. The greater the experience the contractor has the higher the chances of getting quality services.
- Consider qualification and training: This also a very critical factor that you need to consider before you hire a driveway paving contractor. Does the contractor has the right qualification and training? Before you hire the paving contractor, don’t hesitate to ask him to present documents that show where he acquired his training. The contractor’s certificates as well as the institution where he acquired his training must be credible. Paving is a very technical job and can only be done well if the contractor has the right training and qualifications.
- Consider reputation: How do past clients who have used the services of that particular contractor saying about him? Were they happy with the quality of services rendered or were they disappointed. Before you hire a driveway paving contractor, it is very important to know if he enjoys the good reputation amongst his current and past clients. The best way to know that is by talking to one of his past clients or visiting his website and read reviews of past clients. If past clients are happy with the quality of services rendered by the contractor, then the chances are that he is reliable, and you should consider hiring his services. On the other hand, if past clients are not happy with the quality of service rendered by the paving contractor, then you should search for another paving contractor to avoid being disappointed.
- Consider the quality of customer service: Besides considering the reputation of the driveway paving contractors, you should also consider how he treats his clients. The way the contractor communicates to you in very important. Good communication between you and the contractor will result to quality services. Therefore, ensure that you choose a contractor who offers excellent customer services to his clients. Choose a paving contractor who is always available when you need his services.
- Consider if the contractor is licensed and insured: Only hire a driveway paving contractor who is licensed and insured. A paving contractor who has been licensed means that he has complied with all laws and regulations that the state has put in places. It also means the contractor is genuine because he is operating legally. On the other hand, being insured means that the contractor will compensate you for damages caused by him when performing his duties. The paving contractor who is licensed and insured are usually more reliable than those who have not.
- Warranty for services rendered: Contractor, who believe in offering quality services, usually give warranty for their services. They do this to assure their clients that their expertise is not questionable. For instance, if the contractor offers a warranty of 6 months, it means that he will cater for all expenses that will arise during that period. Paving contractors who offer warranty for their services usually deliver quality services to their clients.
- Right tools of work: Driveway paving can only be done well if the contractor has the right tools to work. Besides his knowledge, he must also have paving equipment that will help him execute his work well. Only hire a paving contractor who has the right paving tools as well as safety gears required during the construction process.
Call today to have our team of driveway paver contractors handle your next project at home.